Monday, October 13, 2008

Mailbox Monday


Once again it's time for Mailbox Monday, hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

I had two goodies arrive this week:

Red as Blood: Tales from the Sisters Grimmer by Tanith Lee - I love fairytale retellings, and Tanith Lee is always amazing, so I'm excited about this one.

Losing My Religion: How I Lost my Faith Reporting on Religion in America - and Found an Unexpected Peace by William Lobdell - I'm fascinated by the religious journeys that people take, so this memoir seems right up my alley.

An eclectic mix, but such good stuff! Did you get anything fun? Stop by The Printed Page and see what other friends received this week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would check out the first book!

My mailbox

Wendi said...

Red as Blood sounds interesting - I'll watch for your review! :)

I’ve just posted my first Monday Mailbox over on my blog - it was huge! Stop by and see what arrived last week - I’ve got to start reading!

http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/mailbox-monday.html

~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I can't wait to see what you think of Losing My Faith!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by the 'Mailbox' this week. I see some historical fiction in your future. Don't worry about the links. I actually had to buy a label maker and put the examples right on my computer so I'd never be w/o my 'notes'.

Andi said...

Oh my gosh, these both sounds AMAZING! I love me some fairy tales, and I'm a sucker for religious memoirs. Heavenly! (No pun intended.) Will be adding these to my wishlist.

Anna said...

Interesting books. Looking forward to your reviews.

--Anna
http://diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com

Justin Hart said...

Jan Lynn tackles the tough subject of losing faith in religion. She'll make you think. Read it.

http://culture11.com/blogs/credo/2008/10/21/losing-faith/