Monday, January 19, 2009

Mailbox Monday



Welcome again to Mailbox Monday, hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.





This week three new books found their way into my mailbox - I'm sure my delivery guy was happy for the break!









Fatal Light by Richard Currey - from Andrew of the Santa Fe Writer's Project, this is a re-release of a 1977 Vietnam War novel. Thanks so much, Andrew!














Eve: A Novel of the First Woman by Elissa Elliott
- I snagged this from the LibraryThing Early Reviewers progam in December - yippee! I love a good biblical novel.





Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah - from Reading Group Gold. I'll be honest, I really don't understand how this program works - every so often, they just seem to randomly send me a book. I guess I'm not complaining!



Who else got new goodies? Stop by The Printed Page and let us all know!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Firefly Lane looks so good. Can't wait to see if you like it.

Julie P. said...

I don't understand how Reading Group Gold works either, but I haven't really scored any books from them for over a year. Weird. I always sign up and they've even told me that I'm one of the first ones. They've also said that they're sending books and never do. Go figure?

Alea said...

Yeah I'm not sure how Reading Group Gold or Read It Forward work. I remember requesting Firefly Lane months and months ago. Like maybe even the end of the summer.

Literary Feline said...

Those look good! I am kind of sad that today is a holiday and there won't be any mail. :-(

Anna said...

Fatal Light sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy these.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Michele said...

I know, I've never figured out how that Reading Group Gold works. Strange stuff. I think I got Sarah's Key from them and now this Firefly Lane (which I'm pretty sure I didn't request, lol).

Can't wait to see a review on Eve....I wanted that one so badly, but the LT gods didn't see fit. ;)

Wendy said...

I also got Firefly Lane from Reading Group Gold - and I have no idea how it works either! But this is the second book they've sent me and I am not complaining either!

Wendi said...

Eve and Firefly look good! http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2009/01/huge-health-and-beauty-book-giveaway-20.html ~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by the 'mailbox' this week. I read 'Firefly Lane' last year and enjoyed it. She is one of my favorite authors. I see someone's been playing around the with their blog. I like it but now I'm undecided between this one and the last look.