Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
(I never manage to limit myself to ONLY two sentences!!)

"Single parenthood is hard, but it's simple too. You just do everything yourself. Doing everything yourself has a way of relaxing a person's standards. The kinds of things that drove me crazy during my marriage - my husband's passive incompetence or indifference when it came to certain childrearing chores - didn't seem quite so devastating when I was at fault. Undercooking the macaroni, skipping a nap, not changing a diaper on time, or falling asleep during a bedtime story didn't seem like such a crime when I committed it."

(The Mighty Queens of Freeville by Amy Dickinson, page 40)

To read more teasers, stop by Should Be Reading!

3 comments:

jlshall said...

Yes, I always find it hard to limit myself to just two lines. This one sounds interesting, and probably all of that is very true. Nice teasers!

Anonymous said...

Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs: "Calling him a jerk made him less scary. Or should have."

This is her newest in the Mercedes Thompson series and the whole page except for that was a giant spoiler. D:

Wendi said...

Great teaser Elizabeth! :) I love that you included more. I find that makes me feel better about myself (the teaser) - I tend to like to do things myself, even though my husband offers sometimes, it is much easier to blame yourself than to blame someone else.

:) Wendi

Here's my Teaser!