Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Tunes


Thursday Tunes is a weekly event hosted by S. Krishna, devoted to sharing the music we love.

S. Krishna usually features a new artist each week - just to be different, I'm going to focus on a specific song, because it's the song that hooks me. There are very few artists whose entire body of work is in my MP3 player, but I have thousands of songs I love.




I have a secret - I LOVE cover songs. Many times I like the cover better than the original. What I especially love is when an artist can cover a song, and make it completely new. This is one of my favorite covers, performed by two great musicians, Joy Williams and John Paul White, in their group, The Civil Wars. (If you want to hear more, also check out Poison and Wine)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE COVERS TOOOOOOOOOO.

This one, if you haven't heard it, will just about blow your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c745E7T_Wvg