Monday, September 10, 2012

Book Blogger Appreciation Week - Day 1 - Appreciation!

Appreciation! There are no awards this year, but it can still be hard to navigate the huge universe of book blogging. Share with your readers some of the blogs you enjoy reading daily and why.




I'll admit it - I just don't have time to read all the blogs I used to. Most days its a choice between reading blogs and reading books, and usually books win. However, there are a few that I keep up with on a fairly regular basis - sadly, my days of commenting are over, but I do find the time to check in with a small number of the blogs on my reader most weeks.

Books I Done Read - because seriously, Raych is hilarious. And sometimes, I just need to laugh for a bit. And because she reads all the books that I think about reading, but convince myself not to because I think they will be horrible - she reads them and confirms that they are, in fact, horrible, and then I don't have to.

BookLust - I am pretty sure I've gotten more fantastic book suggestions from Aarti than anyone else on the internet. She's always reading something that I probably never would have heard of otherwise.

We Be Reading - Kristen is my go-to for filling up the twins' bookshelves. She reads the coolest books to Z, and then I find them and stash them away to read in a couple of years to my kids.


There are lots more I stop by when I have a spare chunk of time and nothing calling to me, but these three are some of the few I manage to catch up with nearly every week. Someday, I hope to be back to regular blog reading - it's so much fun!


9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Three great blogs to be sure!

Chrisbookarama said...

Those were great choices!

Bellas Shelf said...

I agree w/above posters. Your 3 picks are fabulous indeed!
I love the name of your blog. I am a new follower too. I considered building a bookcase out of milk crates once upon a time. Ok, I did build it..lolz..It was dubbed the "wall of milk crates" lolz. I was around 21 or so when I did this. I had a HUGE wall and tried to get all the same color crates. I thought it looked cool..lolz..
Have a great week <3
BBAW Day 1

Lenore Appelhans said...

I've always loved the name of your blog. It makes me nod in agreement every single time ;)

Tanya Patrice said...

I really like Book Lust too. I'll have to check out the others on your list. Thanks for sharing :-)

The Relentless Reader said...

Thanks for sharing your list of blogs. I'll be exploring them :) I'm having so much fun today hopping around and getting to know new (to me) bloggers!

The Relentless Reader

Aarti said...

Oh, I am so thrilled to be included here! And that you appreciate that I sometimes read obscure books - sometimes I feel like I am just that uncool blogger in the corner...

I think yours is one of the first blogs I ever followed :) and we are both still here!

Kristen M. said...

Thank you so much for including me! My blog reading is finally picking up again but I'm not as good as commenting as I want to be. Still, I think you have a great (and totally adorable) excuse. :) Happy BBAW!

Cecelia said...

Oh, isn't Kristen the sweetest?! Love her. I'm off to check out the other two you mention. BBAW is the best!