Saturday, December 7, 2013

Kid Konnection - Can You Find It Inside?



Kid Konnection is a weekly feature hosted by Booking Mama, featuring all things kid's books. Since I spend a good deal of time each week reading kids books, I thought it would be fun to join in!





Can You Find It Inside? Search and Discover for Young Art Lovers by Jessica Schulte
published 2005
32 pages

Synopsis -

Whether it's a restaurant by Edward Hopper, a breakfast table by Fairfield Porter, or a game of keep-away by Seymour Joseph Guy, in this book each of the thirteen paintings, reproduced in full color, invites young children to explore works of art depicting a variety of indoor scenes.

Written in simple rhyme with major works form The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, this book asks children to take a close, closer and closest look at classic fine art at an early age.

My thoughts -

My kids have both started to enjoy the seek-and-find type books, so when I saw this one at the library we were all excited. I love that the author uses actual reproductions from the Metropolitan Museum  - I am fascinated by art as an adult, but didn't have much experience with it as a kid, so I'm hoping to give my children chances to enjoy it from an early age.

The rhymes are catchy, and the objects to find are not too challenging, which has made this a book my kids can look at independently. It's been fun as a mom to walk into a room and see them "reading" this one by themselves - finding more and more things in each picture to discover.


What are some more seek-and-find books I should look for? I've seen the I Spy series, and of course Where's Waldo, but I'd love more titles to look for at the library....

3 comments:

Suko said...

This sounds like a fun book! Wonderful, concise review, Elizabeth.

bermudaonion said...

This does sound like fun! Didn't Richard Scarry draw Lowly Worm (or another one of his characters) on each page of his books?

Stacie said...

Elisabeth, Thanks for stopping by! Us Iowans have to stick together! I've added you to my daily blog read on Feedly! Looking forward to getting to "know" you! BTW: I live just west of Cedar Rapids. You?