Saturday, April 23, 2016

Readathon - Update #1

I'm finally reading - woo hoo!!! Not, like, seriously, but I've been able to make some progress on The Color Purple in between family visits and making gingerbread play-dough (thanks, preschool teacher, for that 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back....)

I have a couple of mini-challenges that I've completed as well. The first is the Share a Quote Challenge hosted by Nea -

Pick a quote from the book that you are reading or books that you've read during this read-a-thon. I love quotes, so I would really love hear the one that made a big impression on you. The quote should be: FUNNY (or hilarious) or ROMANTIC (or sexy) or INSPIRING orWOW THIS IS WRITTEN SO BEAUTIFULLY.




I have TWO quotes for you from The Color Purple -



"Everything want to be loved. Us sing, and dance, and holler, just trying to be loved."



"Time moves slowly, but passes quickly."



Next is the Character Road Trip challenge hosted by Felicia - 

  1. Pick a character that you would like to road trip with
  2. Tell me 3 destinations that you would hit


I recently finished Winter, the last book in the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Mayer. I'd love to take Winter on a road trip, and because she enjoyed spending time with the animals on Luna, I'd take her on a zoo road trip - the Blank Park Zoo here in Des Moines, the Omaha Zoo, and the Como Park Zoo.


Alright, back to reading!!!



No comments: